Typist is responsible for typing documents and material fast and accurately, record meetings and handle sensitive information with confidentiality.
- Transfer data from paper formats into digital files or database systems.
- Record meetings and transcribe into documents.
- Check and edit completed work for grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- File and store completed documents on computer hard drive or disk.
- Maintain a computer filing system to store, retrieve, update and delete documents.
- Keep information confidential in accordance with security policies.
- Be able to maintain a fast typing speed.
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets.
- Familiarity with office software and recording skills.
- Strong English language skills and pay attention to details.
- Additional computer training or certification could be an advantage.