Category: Living in the UK

Visas, Immigration & Nationality

Working in UK after studies

How can an international Student studying in the UK with a Tier 4 Student Visa switch to get a Post Study Work Visa in the UK? Student visa applications or Tier 4 is one of the largest portion of applications received by the Home Office (UKVI, previously known as UKBA) each year. The Higher Institution…
Read more

Immigration Health Surcharge

On 25 February 2015, the Secretary of State issued a statement of changes in Immigration Rules, which highlighted number of changes, most of which came into force on 06 April 2015. The Immigration Health Surcharge ensures that temporary, non-EEA migrants coming to the UK for more than six months contribute to the NHS in line…
Read more

why visa applications get rejected

Don’t forget your passport next time you go to hospital

Don’t forget your passport next time you go to hospital. Why? After announcement that you will be check on UK borders, now you may have to provide passport details when you visit the hospital. For the first time, hospitals are being told to assure the patient proves if they are entitled to FREE health treatment.…
Read more

Old Biometric Residence Card Sample

Biometric Residence Permits

Biometric Residence Permits (BRPs) are for non-EEA nationals travelling to the UK for more than six months. They started to be issued from 18th March 2015 and and the program for entry clearance started with applications made from Pakistan. BRPs provide a more protected, streamlined and rapid method for applicants and businesses to verify someone’s identity and…
Read more

UK Tier 2 FAQ

UK Tier 2 FAQ: The Tier 2 list of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). 1. Can I work in the time remaining on my Tier 4 student visa after my course ends? Most students can stay in the UK for around four months after their course finishes. During this period, you can work full-time in a…
Read more