Do It Yourself Schengen Visa Application – Germany
Schengen Visa Application from the UK to Germany
HOW TO DO IT YOURSELF SCHENGEN VISA APPLICATION TO GERMANY GUIDE
So, you are not a British or EU citizen and currently living in the UK and thinking of travelling to Germany but dreading getting that coveted Schengen Visa? If you are one of these nationals, Instead of searching google and going around the houses, Just follow the three steps below and in no time you will find yourself exploring the city of Berlin.
Step 1. Book your itinerary
- Check out online services to get cheaper flights and accommodation. The earlier you book them the cheaper the options are and do not forget your travel insurance.
TIPS: You need confirmed bookings for your Schengen Visa in the UK. The embassies generally say you do not need to have paid for them, but you will likely find out that the person at the centre will not accept your application without these.
- Get cheap travel to Germany using Flixbus: Book your ticket or request a reservation from our travel team.
- Get Hotels & Accommodation from Booking.com or request a reservation from our travel team.
- Get Insurance from Worldfirst Travel insurance or request travel insurance from our travel team
Step 2. Fill out your application form and book your appointment
- Make sure you know the VISA Center nearest you (London and Edinburgh)
- Create your application form here
- Print the form and you are ready to book your appointment here
TIP 2: If you want our team to complete your application form and make sure that everything is correct, then complete the simple Schengen Visa Application form online to avoid mistakes. We can make relevant changes without you having to worry.
TIP3: If you are struggling, or you just want someone to do it for you, contact our bookings team to get your booking at the right Consulate. We offer a money-back guarantee on bookings.
Step 3. Prepare the rest of your documents
- Passport Size Photo
- BRP Card Copy
- Original Passport
- Travel Itinerary (Flight/Train/Bus + Hotel + Insurance)
- Last 3 months bank statement
- Proof of Occupation
Once you have the appointment and the documents in order, get yourself to the visa submission centre at 30-40 Underwood St, Hoxton, London N1 7JQ or Bonnington Bond, Suite 42, Pure Offices, 2 Anderson Pl, Edinburgh EH6 5NP
Make sure you get there in plenty of time and with the correct documents and you should be finished in around ½ hour or so.
If you worry about having the correct documents in order, then again, get in touch with our Schengen Visas verification team and we will make sure that you don’t get rejected or sent back & forth getting things in order.
It takes a couple of weeks (in general) to get your visa issued in time. So plan in advance.
Remember you cannot submit your application more than three months prior to the start of your trip.
For a more detailed guide, see here
Do not want to go through the hassle but would love to experience the magnificent capital of Berlin, or a historic city, such as Munich or the beautiful spa town of Baden-Baden in the Black Forest or the medieval fortress town of Rothenburg? Check this Schengen Visa Application From the UK to Germany
- Do It Yourself Schengen Visa Application – Austria - 23 December 2019
- DIY Schengen Visa Application – Apply for a Schengen Visa from the UK - 23 December 2019
- Do It Yourself Schengen Visa Application – Sweden - 23 December 2019