France Lifted All Covid-Related Restriction For All Travellers
France has officially ended the State of Emergency that was declared in 2022 to combat the Covid pandemic.
From 01 August 2022, France is no longer under a State of Emergency, and this means several important changes for travellers.
The key difference for holidaymakers is that the end of the State of emergency means the end of all Covid-related restrictions at the border.
Travellers to France, regardless of the country they are travelling from, no longer need to provide either proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test, an attestation that they are free of Covid symptoms or any justification for their journey.
However, the government has retained the right to reinstate compulsory Covid testing at the border if the health situation changes.
The same goes for travel between mainland France and each of the overseas territories.
- UK Passport: When Travelling to Europe
- EU Proposes To Digital Schengen Visa Process
- UK Holidaymakers: What You Need To Know When Travelling To Spain in 2022
- Travel Chaos: Strikes Likely to Disrupt Holiday Plans
- London’s Heathrow Caps Number Passengers to Ease Disruptions
- Venice Introduces Tourist Entry Fee
- Contactless Digital Border: Electronic Travel Authorisation to Enter the UK
How The Rules Changed
All Covid-19-related stipulations have been lifted.
The wearing of masks on public transport such as trains and taxis remains “strongly recommended” but is no longer compulsory.
Airlines have the right to impose mask rules as a condition of travel, so you should check with your carrier before you travel.
What are your thoughts on this issue? Talk to us in the comment section below.
Check out the deals we have found below and tell us your travel plans.
Check out the offers and discounts from:
And because of the pandemic, don’t forget to get your travel insurance, which will cover you for flight disruptions and pandemic related matters.
IaM can help with your visa application to Europe, the United States, the UK & other countries
If you need help with a US visa, a UK Visa, or a visa to Europe, including help with appointment booking obligations, IaM can help. For more information and advice on US immigration, UK immigration law and US visa applications or if you need any help or assistance please, reach out to your Visa Coordinator at IaM.
Some of our posts include affiliate links. If you choose to purchase any of these products, we might get a small commission. For more information, check out our TOS.
- Early Warning To UK Holiadymakers On EU Border System Change - 19 February 2023
- Golden Visa Crackdown: Spain Passed A Bill To End Golden Visa By Real Estate - 18 February 2023
- Working Holiday Visa In Ireland - 17 February 2023