You should demonstrate that you: 

  • have been offered a place on a course in the UK at an acknowledged place of study 
  • have enough cash to help yourself without working or assistance from public funds, or that relatives and companions can support and house you 
  • can pay for your return or onward journey
In case you're under 18 you should likewise: 
  • have made plans for your travel and remain in the UK 
  • have consent from your parent or guardian to study in the UK

 Where you can study:

The course which you are accepted on must be from an education provider which holds a Tier 4 sponsor licence.

Otherwise your course will need to be held at an educational institution listed by one of the following:

  • Accreditation Body for Language Services
  • Accreditation Service for International Colleges
  • Accreditation UK
  • Bridge Schools Inspectorate
  • British Accreditation Council
  • Education and Training Inspectorate (in Northern Ireland)
  • Estyn (in Wales)
  • HM Inspectorate of Education (in Scotland)
  • Independent Schools Inspectorate
  • Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted)
  • Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education
  • Schools Inspection Service
Learning English as a foreign language:

You must be at least 18 years old and accepted on a course to learn English as a foreign language if you’re applying for an 11 month Short-term study visa.

A mixed course, some of which is spent studying English, doesn’t count.

Some of our clients: