​​​​​​​ ON TIME
Simplify the way you get your UK visa granted.

Tier 2 UK Visas is the successor for the old UK “Work Permits Visa” arrangement. To apply under Tier 2 of the points-based system (PBS) you must:

  • Have a job offer from a licensed sponsor (employer) and a valid certificate of sponsorship (CoS)
  • Pass a points-based assessment.

If you are a Turkish citizen and you are already in the UK with a visa that gives you the right to work, you may have certain rights under the European Community Association Agreement with Turkey.

This category is for foreign nationals who have been offered a skilled job to fill a gap in the workforce that cannot be filled by a settled worker.
However, for the year from 6 April 2013 to 5 April 2014, a maximum of 20,700 skilled workers can come to the UK under Tier 2 (General) to do jobs with an annual salary below £152,100. 

If you are interested in coming to live and work in the United Kingdom, whether your long-term goal is to settle here or you just want to gain some experience, the Tier 2 Category of the Points Based System may be the ideal way for you to progress in your chosen career and for both you and your family to begin life in the United Kingdom.

If you have a job offer from a UK-based employer which holds an appropriate licence from the UKBA and that job is at the required skill level, you will be able to make an application to travel to the United Kingdom as a Tier 2 UK General Visa.

This UK Tier 2 work permit visa category is for people who have been offered employment or posts or roles within their faith communities in the UK as:
  • ministers of religion;
  • missionaries;
  • members of religious orders. 

Pastoral duties include:

  • leading worship regularly and on special occasions;
  • giving religious education to children and adults by preaching or teaching;
  • officiating at marriages, funerals and other special services;
  • offering counselling and welfare support to members of the congregation;
  • recruiting, training and co-ordinating the work of any local volunteers and lay preachers.

Work as a missionary can include:

  • the organization of missionary activity (but should not be administrative or clerical, unless filling a senior post);
  • supervising staff;
  • co-ordinating the organisation of missionary work;
  • being in charge of a particular activity such as accounts/finance, personnel management or IT;
  • translating religious texts – this is missionary work, not clerical work.

The work in a religious order must be in the order itself, or outside work directed by the order.

Working full-time as a teacher in a school run by a church or missionary organization does not count as missionary work. If this is the work that you will be doing, you must apply as a teacher under the Tier 2 (General).

If you want to come to the UK as a religious worker for a shorter time, you should apply under Tier 5 – Temporary Worker – Religious Worker.

Please, Download Guide to know the requirements and advantages of Tier 2 – Minister of Religion.

This category is for elite sportspeople and coaches who are internationally established at the highest level, and will make a significant contribution to the development of their sport.

​​​​​​​Your application will need to be endorsed by your sport’s governing body.
This category is a UK work permit Visa for employees of multinational companies who are being transferred by their overseas employer to a UK branch of the organisation, either on a long-term basis or for frequent short visits.

If you are an currently an employee of a multi-national company and want to be transferred from outside the European Economic Area by your employer, to a training position or skilled job in a related UK company, you will be able to make an application to travel to the United Kingdom as a Tier 2 (Intra-company transfer) Migrant.

Please, Download Guide to know the requirements and advantages of Tier 2 – Intra-Company Transfer.

PBS Tier 2 Work Permit Visa
Tier 2 UK Visas is part of the PBS, which is for nationals from outside Europe. You do not need to apply under the Tier 2 UK visas of the Points Based System if:
  • you are a citizen of a country in the EEA or Switzerland;
  • you are a British overseas territories citizen, unless you are from one of the sovereign base areas in Cyprus;
  • you are a Commonwealth citizen with permission to enter or stay in the UK because at least one of your grandparents was born here (Ancestry);
  • your partner or (if you are under 18) one of your parents has permission to stay in the UK under Tier 2 of the points-based system – you should apply as their dependant;
  • you have no conditions or time limit attached to your stay.

Contact IaM to find out how to get a UK Work Permit Visa or click through to know more about of Tier 2 UK Visas.

iam (immigration and migration)
225 Marsh Wall, London
E14 9FW - 0333 006 4506