EU Council Fully Suspends Vanuatu’s Visa Waiver Agreement
The Council of the European Union has decided to fully suspend the visa-free travel agreement with Vanuatu.
The decision to fully suspend the visa waiver agreement with Vanuatu was taken due to the risks posed by the latter’s investor citizenship schemes, known also as the golden passport schemes.
A partial suspension of this agreement was already adopted in early March. As soon as the partial suspension was done, the Commission of the EU started a dialogue with Vanuatu to address the concerns of the EU.
However, according to the Council, since then the country has failed to engage in any meaningful way and has put the Member States at risk.
- Ferry Route Between Scotland and Europe
- Latvia’s Capital Introduces Tourist Fee In 2023
- Germany To Launch €49 Monthly Ticket For Trains, Buses, and Trams
- Spain Launches Free Train Tickets From Spain To December 2022
- Eurostar To Cut Trains From London To Disneyland Paris
- What are the High Potential Individual Visa Requirements?
- EU Proposes Digital Schengen Visa Process
The suspension will come into effect from 04 February 2023, the European Council, which represents the EU’s 27 member states. This means that effective 04 February 2023, visa-free travel in the European Union will be fully suspended for Vanuatu citizens. Vanuatu citizens will be required to apply for a Schengen visa to visit the 27-member bloc.
The European Union and Vanuatu’s visa waiver agreement has been in force since 2015, allowing short-stay travel within the European Union without a visa for up to 90 days within a 180-day period.
What are your thoughts on this issue? Talk to us in the comment section below.
Check out the deals we have found below and tell us your travel plans.
Check out the offers and discounts from:
IaM can help with your visa application to Europe, the United States, the UK & other countries
If you need help with a US visa, a UK Visa, or a visa to Europe, including help with appointment booking obligations, IaM can help. For more information and advice on US immigration, UK immigration law and US visa applications or if you need any help or assistance please, reach out to your Visa Coordinator at IaM.
Some of our posts include affiliate links. If you choose to purchase any of these products, we might get a small commission. For more information, check out our TOS.
- New Transit Visa Requirement For Georgian and Russian Travellers in the UK - 19 September 2023
- UK Electronic Travel Authorisation Scheme To Launch Next Month - 18 September 2023
- UK Visa Fee Increase Will Take Effect Next Month - 17 September 2023