Application for Child Short-term Study Visitor Visa

Child Short-term Study Visit Visa Document List Required

Please find below a list of the documents required for your visit visa application to the UK.

It should be noted that the Home Office will only accept original documents. If no original is available, photocopied documents must be a stamped certified true copy of the original. Where a document is not in English or Welsh, the original must be accompanied by a fully certified translation by a professional translator. This translation must include details of the translator’s credentials and confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document. It must also be dated and include the original signature of the translator.

Please note that documents listed are carefully explained whether they are mandatory or optional. You should collect as many documents as possible and use it as a checklist to ensure all documents where possible have been sent as soon as possible. Where you are unable to provide the original documents, please explain the reasons by adding your comments.

The documents we will require from you are as follows:

Evidence of Applicant's Identity

Current PassportMandatory
Previous PassportsMandatory
Visa or other proof of residence – if you’re not a national of the country of your residenceif availableMandatory
Recent Passport Photographs (x2)(Photo Guidance)Mandatory
Tuberculosis Test Medical certificate from UKVI-approved medical centreFor more info on TB test centresMandatory
Birth CertificateMandatory

Documents about your course and studies

Letter of acceptance from your school – on official headed paper, stating the course’s name, duration and cost (including accommodation)Mandatory
A letter from the school confirming it has notified the local authority of your visit and the details of who’ll be caring for you if:

– you’re under 16 (or under 18 if you have a disability)
– you’ll be looked after for more than 28 days by someone who is not a close relative (called ‘private foster care’)

Previous Studies – academic certificates, transcripts, referencesMandatory

Documents from Parents

Parents PassportMandatory
Marriage CertificateMandatory
Parent/Guardian’s consent for you to travel on your own and contact details (address, phone number, email)Mandatory
Letter from parent stating that you have somewhere suitable to live in the UK with details of the person you are staying with and address and documentsMandatory

Documents showing maintenance funds and source of income

Parents’ Bank statements – current account and savingsMandatory
If employed:
Letter of Employment – confirming employment (start date), position, salary, roleMandatory
Payslipslast 6 monthsMandatory
If self-employed/owner of your own business:
Business registration and other licences required for you to operate your businessMandatory
Proof of latest tax paymentsMandatory
Evidence of Accommodation

Land Registry Title/Mortgage StatementsMandatory
Tenancy AgreementMandatory
Hotel ReservationMandatory

Other Documents

Home Office Lettersif anyMandatory
Spouse’s and Children’s Passportif anyMandatory
Itinerary of visit to UKMandatory
Other evidence showing reason of visit to UKMandatory
List of travel historyMandatory

All documents should be posted or scanned and emailed to us to make sure they meet the requirements.

Please let us know if you cannot provide anything from the document list and we can discuss alternative documents you may provide.

Once we have received the documents, we will inform you via e-mail and update your application in our records.

UK Immigration

Business People & Investors
Sole Representatives
Tier 1 UK Visas
Tier 1 UK General Visa
Tier 1 UK (General) Assessment
Tier 1 Uk Entrepreneur Visa
Tier 1 UK Graduate Entrepreneur Visa
Studying in the UK
Tier 4 (General) UK Student Visas
Tier 4 (Child) UK Student Visa
UK Student Visitor Visa
Other Immigration Applications
Ancestry and Commonwealth
EEA Applications
Long Residence
Indefinite Leave (ILR)
British Citizenship
Other Visa Countries
United States

Work Permits
Tier 2 UK General Visa
Tier 2 UK Immigration Migrant Application
Temporary Workers
Tier 5 UK Youth Mobility Scheme
Visiting the UK
General Visitor Visa
Business Visitor Visa
Family Visitor Visa
Child Visitor Visa
Marriage Visitor Visa
Family Immigration
Spouses and Partners
Dependant Children
Extended Family Members

Businesses and Institutions
Sponsorship Licences
Education Providers
Global Mobility
Professional Partners