Tier 4 UK Student Visa

Visas, Immigration & Nationality

Tier 4 student visa is part of the UK's points-based system for immigration. It is for migrants who want to study in the UK. The Tier 4 (General) category is for adult students who want to come to or remain in the UK for their post-16 education.

Depending on your nationality and circumstances, you may be able to study in the UK without needing to apply under Tier 4 (General) as an adult student. However, your ability to work while you are studying here may be restricted.

If you are 16 or 17 years old and you want to study a course at or above National Qualification Framework level 3, you can apply under this category or under Tier 4 (Child) – you should discuss and agree this with your approved education provider (known as a ‘Tier 4 sponsor'). But if you want to study English as a foreign language, you must apply as a Tier 4 (General) student.

You can study in the UK without a student visa if:

  • you are a national of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland;
  • you are a British overseas territories citizen, unless you are from one of the sovereign base areas in Cyprus;
  • you are a UK Ancestry visa holder (a Commonwealth citizen with permission to enter or stay in the UK because at least one of your grandparents was born here); or
  • you have no conditions or time limit attached to your stay.

However, if you are a national of Bulgaria or Romania, your ability to work during your studies may be restricted.

IAM can help with advice and can provide with immigration and migration services regarding your student visa. Please do complete the Student Visa Application Form and one of our expert advisors will get back to you. You can also contact us via phone on 033 3006 4506 .

Tier 4 UK Student Visa [free-consultation]

Leave a Reply