Domestic Workers Visas

Domestic Workers Visa with IAMEntering Or Extending Your Domestic Workers in a Private Household Visa is Made Simple with IAM.

UK immigration work visa advice and representation for domestic workers coming to the UK with or to join their employer to be able to assist them in their private households. This  work visa route replaced that which was in place before 5th April 2012.

That Visa was a more flexible route to settlement for Domestic Workers. It permitted  you to come to the UK and continuously renew your visa whilst you were able to show that you were still needed. Once you got to a period required, you could then apply for Permanent Residency. During that time, you were permitted to even switch employers as and when work was available.

The pre-April 2012 Domestic Workers Visa route was replaced by the current provisions. It is now a more restrictive visa category and you cannot switch employers and neither can you bring your dependants with you.

The current visa route allows you to bring your domestic workers from abroad to come and work for you in your household if they are from outside the EEA and have worked for you in an employed capacity for a period of at least one year prior to making this visa application.

The type of work permitted generally includes:

  • cleaners
  • chauffeurs
  • cooks
  • those providing personal care for the employer and their family
  • nannies

You will be granted leave to enter or remain for a period of up to six months at a time. This period of leave in now not normally extended beyond the six months period. To start your application, click the button below:

Start Your Domestic Worker Application

UK Immigration

Business People & Investors
Sole Representatives
Tier 1 UK Visas
Tier 1 UK General Visa
Tier 1 UK (General) Assessment
Tier 1 Uk Entrepreneur Visa
Tier 1 UK Graduate Entrepreneur Visa
Studying in the UK
Tier 4 (General) UK Student Visas
Tier 4 (Child) UK Student Visa
UK Student Visitor Visa
Other Immigration Applications
Ancestry and Commonwealth
EEA Applications
Long Residence
Indefinite Leave (ILR)
British Citizenship
Other Visa Countries
United States

Work Permits
Tier 2 UK General Visa
Tier 2 UK Immigration Migrant Application
Temporary Workers
Tier 5 UK Youth Mobility Scheme
Visiting the UK
General Visitor Visa
Business Visitor Visa
Family Visitor Visa
Child Visitor Visa
Marriage Visitor Visa
Family Immigration
Spouses and Partners
Dependant Children
Extended Family Members

Businesses and Institutions
Sponsorship Licences
Education Providers
Global Mobility
Professional Partners