Application for Transfer of Visa – Indefinite Leave to Remain

Documents Required

Please find below a list of the documents required for your application.

It should be noted that the Home Office will only accept original documents. If no original is available, photocopied documents must be a stamped certified true copy of the original. Where a document is not in English or Welsh, the original must be accompanied by a fully certified translation by a professional translator. This translation must include details of the translator’s credentials and confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document. It must also be dated and include the original signature of the translator.

Please note that documents listed are carefully explained whether they are mandatory or optional. You should collect as many documents as possible and use it as a checklist to ensure all documents where possible have been sent as soon as possible. Where you are unable to provide the original documents, please explain the reasons by adding your comments.

The documents we will require from you are as follows:

Application DocumentsNotesTypeComments
Current PassportMandatory
All Previous PassportsMandatory
Indefinite Leave to Remain visaMandatory
Recent Passport Photographs (x2)(Photo Guidance)Mandatory.
Evidence of continuous residence in UK since grant of Indefinite LeavePlease provide these documents if you cannot provide your old passports and  IF you were granted ILR more than 2 years ago.
Tenancy Agreement/Mortgage StatementsMandatory
Letter from GP, NHSMandatory
Council tax billsMandatory
Electricity, gas or water billsMandatory
Letter(s) from employer(s) confirming employment, P60/P45Mandatory
Letter from school/college Mandatory
IF your passport/travel document was lost
Police report or police reference numberMandatory
Other Documents
Home Office Letters stating grant of Indefinite Leave to Remainif anyMandatory


Please let us know if you cannot provide anything listed and we can discuss alternative documents you may provide. Once we have received the documents, we will inform you via e-mail and update your application in our records

If you are posting the documents, they should be sent as recorded or special delivery for tracking purposes. You are not required to inform us. You can track your parcel with Royal Mail (track and trace)

UK Immigration

Business People & Investors
Sole Representatives
Tier 1 UK Visas
Tier 1 UK General Visa
Tier 1 UK (General) Assessment
Tier 1 Uk Entrepreneur Visa
Tier 1 UK Graduate Entrepreneur Visa
Studying in the UK
Tier 4 (General) UK Student Visas
Tier 4 (Child) UK Student Visa
UK Student Visitor Visa
Other Immigration Applications
Ancestry and Commonwealth
EEA Applications
Long Residence
Indefinite Leave (ILR)
British Citizenship
Other Visa Countries
United States

Work Permits
Tier 2 UK General Visa
Tier 2 UK Immigration Migrant Application
Temporary Workers
Tier 5 UK Youth Mobility Scheme
Visiting the UK
General Visitor Visa
Business Visitor Visa
Family Visitor Visa
Child Visitor Visa
Marriage Visitor Visa
Family Immigration
Spouses and Partners
Dependant Children
Extended Family Members

Businesses and Institutions
Sponsorship Licences
Education Providers
Global Mobility
Professional Partners