Benefits of Immigration
Despite the recent polemics about “Immigration this…, Immigration that…”, lets talk about the benefits of immigration.
To the question: Why do people migrate? People migrate for many different reasons: economic, social, political or even environmental causes (like flooding). Also, some people choose to migrate to another country to enhance their career opportunities.
The benefits of immigration are the following:
- Economic gains;
- Increase in cultural diversity;
- Increase in standard of living in the part of immigrants;
- A younger workforce;
- Skilled workers in much needed sectors.
Immigration does have its disadvantages:
- Greater poverty;
- Increase in crimes;
- Lower unskilled wage.
The positive benefits of immigration exceed the disadvantages in many ways.
But as someone anonymous said once: <<What they don’t know, they fear.>>
We should be welcoming the benefits that immigration provides to the country.
- Portugal Schengen Visas - September 21, 2018
- Things You Need To Know AboutChanges in UK Immigration Rules - July 28, 2015
- Why Overseas Criminal Record Certificate Req is not scary at all? - July 22, 2015