How To Apply For Your UK Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa

Visas, Immigration & Nationality

So you are a leader in your work, or climbing that ladder fast. Or you just need to go to the UK for work or and other hustle. Then the permitted paid engagement visit visa may be just the ticket for you.

For up to one month, you can enter the UK on a Short term permitted paid engagement visa to take part in a paid work or event. Examples are a public speaking engagement, chairing a meeting, or attending a conference.
But this example should not limit you to think about what type of work you can do in the UK. Essentially,
You can apply for a Permitted Paid Engagement visa if you:

  • want to come to the UK to do specific paid work without having to be sponsored under the points-based visa system; and
  • are from a country that’s not in the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland.

Whether this is your first time applying or you have previously applied through us before IAM’s experienced lawyers are here to ensure your application is straight forward and that your visa is granted.

You can submit your application for a permitted paid engagement visit visa up to three months before you travel and we expect you to have your visa granted within three weeks.

If you have experienced a refusal of a visitor visa or in fact any visa, you will know why the UK is one of the hardest countries to obtain a visa to. Our specialist consultants will schedule a consultation with you in order to ensure success.


If you are unsure whether you will qualify for a permitted paid engagement visit visa and don't want to waste time applying for the wrong visa, make sure to check out the info about eligibility for permitted paid engagement visit visa or alternatively, start your application and our team will ensure that you qualify.

UK Short Term &  Visit Visas Made Simple

What you may or may not be able to do

The types of jobs you can do are:

  • a student examiner or assessor
  • qualified to take part in selection panels as a highly qualified academic if you’re invited by an education, arts or research organisation
  • to give lectures at a higher education institution, as long as it’s not a part-time or full-time role
  • to examine UK-based pilots so they meet the standards of the country you come from and are invited by an approved UK training organisation regulated by the UK Civil Aviation Authority
  • to provide advocacy in a particular area of law
  • to take part in arts, entertainment or sporting activities including broadcasting
  • to take part in fashion modelling assignments

You can also do minor activities related to your work or business overseas, eg attend meetings. The list is not exhaustive, so whatever work you have in mind, when you start your application, your immigration consultant will advise on whether it is suitable for this route.

You can not:

  • do specific paid work unrelated to your main job or area of expertise at home or sell merchandise, other than what’s allowed by your visa
  • extend this visa or switch to another visa
  • live in the UK for extended periods
  • get public funds
  • study for more than 30 days - studying can’t be the main reason for your visit
  • marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership
  • bring family members (‘dependants’) with you on your application - they must apply separately

UK Short Term &  Visit Visas Made Simple

To what extent you can remain

You can remain in the UK for: 

  • a month
How long it takes:
  • You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK. 
  • You ought to get a result on your visa within 3 weeks.

Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa Application