10 Tips for Students
Arrivals: 10 Tips for Students.
Ready to study in the UK and worried about a few things before your arrival.
iam gives you 10 tips to ensure that you have a tranquil arrival.
- If you’re from a non European Economic Area (EEA) country, complete the landing card given to you during your flight before you arrive at border control.
- Have your passport ready.
- Remove it from any cover, and remember to remove sunglasses and hats.
Keep information about the course you’re studying in your hand luggage. This must be in paper copy (not an electronic copy on tablet or phone). This includes your university Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number.
- Keep recent bank statements and details of where you are staying in your hand luggage, Border Force officers may ask to see this information.
- Expect Border Force officers to ask simple questions about your stay in the UK when you arrive at passport control.
- Do not bring in any meat or dairy products from outside the European Union (EU). There are restrictions on traditional medicines, food products such as fish, eggs and honey, and some fruit, vegetables and plants (including bulbs, seeds, cut flowers and tree bark).
- There are also restrictions on the amount of tobacco, 7 alcohol and gifts you can bring to the UK. If you exceed your duty-free allowance and do not declare them, all of your items could be taken away from you.
- Never bring in counterfeit goods, illegal drugs, offensive weapons or indecent or obscene material. Some items are restricted and will require a licence or permit.
- You must declare cash of 10,000 Euros or more (or 9 the equivalent in another currency) if you are travelling from a country outside the EU.
- Never give false or misleading information (including forged or counterfeit documents).
Now, relax and enjoy UK!
- Portugal Schengen Visas - September 21, 2018
- Things You Need To Know AboutChanges in UK Immigration Rules - July 28, 2015
- Why Overseas Criminal Record Certificate Req is not scary at all? - July 22, 2015