Application for an EEA Family Permit as an Extended Family Member

Visas, Immigration & Nationality

Application for an EEA Family Permit as an Extended Family Member

Documents Required

Please find below a list of the documents required for your application.

It should be noted that the Home Office will only accept original documents. If no original is available, photocopied documents must be a stamped certified true copy of the original. Where a document is not in English or Welsh, the original must be accompanied by a fully certified translation by a professional translator. This translation must include details of the translator’s credentials and confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document. It must also be dated and include the original signature of the translator.

Please note that documents listed are carefully explained whether they are mandatory or optional. You should collect as many documents as possible and use it as a checklist to ensure all documents where possible have been sent as soon as possible. Where you are unable to provide the original documents, please explain the reasons by adding your comments.
The documents we will require from you are as follows:

Evidence of Applicant's Identity
Document Notes Type
Current Passport Scan bio-data and stamped pages Mandatory
Previous Passports Scan bio-data and stamped pages Mandatory
Proof of right of residence eg visa if any Mandatory
Recent Passport Photographs (x2) (Photo Guidance) Mandatory
Birth certificate Mandatory
Evidence of Identity and Relationship with Sponsor
Document  Notes  Type
Current Passport of your EEA national sponsor certified copy will suffice Mandatory
Registration certificate or Permanent Residence Card if any; certified copy will suffice Mandatory
Marriage Certificate
Letter of support Mandatory
Other proof of relationship if any Mandatory
Proof of EEA national exercising Treaty Rights
Document  Notes  Type
Registration Certificate or Permanent Resident Certificate (if none, please see below) if any Mandatory
Evidence of Dependency to EEA national
Documents  Notes  Type
Proof of communications ie printed call logs/conversations in Skype, Facebook , Emails etc Mandatory
Remittances Receipts Mandatory
Documents showing you and your sponsor have lived together in your home country or your Sponsor is providing/paying for your accommodation Please provide documents eg title deeds, bills, other documents showing proof of address Mandatory
Other documents showing you are dependant to your Sponsor if any Mandatory
Accommodation in UK - whichever applies
Leasehold Agreement/Tenancy Agreement – including a description of property eg number of bedrooms
Land Registry Titlle showing ownership of property
Mortgage Statements
Other Documents
Document  Notes  Type
Home Office Letters If any Mandatory
History of UK Immigration Please list all of your trips abroad for the past 5 years Mandatory

All documents should be posted or scanned and emailed to us to make sure they meet the requirements.

If you are posting the documents, they should be sent to: iam (immigration and migration), Suite 8, 225 Marsh Wall, Canary Wharf, London Docklands E14 9FW. Please send this as recorded or special delivery for tracking purposes. You are not required to inform us. You can track your parcel with Royal Mail (track and trace)
Please let us know if you cannot provide anything listed and we can discuss alternative documents you may provide. Once we have received the documents, we will inform you via e-mail and update your application in our records.