Reporting problems with Biometric Residence Permits (BRP)

From 18 January the way in which you notify the Home Office of a problem with a biometric residence permit has changed. This includes those, who have applied from outside of the UK and:

  • have been unable to collect their permit within 10 working days of arriving in the United Kingdom;
  • need someone to either collect their BRP on their behalf or accompany them to collect their BRP – because they are have a serious illness or disability, or they are under 18 and cannot collect their permit at the same time as their parent or legal guardian collects their own permit;
  • have lost their permit or it has been stolen; or
  • identify a mistake on their permit.

Now please use the on-line service at: Biometric Residence Card (BRP) Applications, Renewals, Transfers & Problems 

The following in-boxes, previously used for reporting an issue with a BRP, were closed on 30 January 2016:

Please get in touch with us should you have any further questions.


Related Posts


  1. Hello,

    I just ask you how much duration for VISA.

  2. I lost my residential permit in sudan, can I get BRP visa with in 10 days ?

    • Yes, but you will pay more under the Fast Track Application process and it always depends on availability. Usually, once your application has been submitted under the premium service, you should get your BRP back within 10 working days but we usually get it back in around 3-4 days as the department responsible for sending them are one of the most efficient government departments in the UK.

      For out of country applications, you can also avail of the premium application process where you should get your vignette issued within 10 days (depending on the processing centre times)

Leave a reply

I consent to Immigration And Migration and it's group companies collecting my data.
This comment collects your personal data so as we can conduct work on your behalf. Check out our privacy policy for the full story on how we protect and manage your submitted Data!

UK Immigration

Business People & Investors
Sole Representatives
Tier 1 UK Visas
Tier 1 UK General Visa
Tier 1 UK (General) Assessment
Tier 1 Uk Entrepreneur Visa
Tier 1 UK Graduate Entrepreneur Visa
Studying in the UK
Tier 4 (General) UK Student Visas
Tier 4 (Child) UK Student Visa
UK Student Visitor Visa
Other Immigration Applications
Ancestry and Commonwealth
EEA Applications
Long Residence
Indefinite Leave (ILR)
British Citizenship
Other Visa Countries
United States

Work Permits
Tier 2 UK General Visa
Tier 2 UK Immigration Migrant Application
Temporary Workers
Tier 5 UK Youth Mobility Scheme
Visiting the UK
General Visitor Visa
Business Visitor Visa
Family Visitor Visa
Child Visitor Visa
Marriage Visitor Visa
Family Immigration
Spouses and Partners
Dependant Children
Extended Family Members

Businesses and Institutions
Sponsorship Licences
Education Providers
Global Mobility
Professional Partners