English Language Requirements for PBS Applications
Nowadays, everybody is talking about the reinforcement and importance of English Language Requirements for PBS Applications.
When making an application for a UK immigration Visa under the Points Based System (PBS), you must score 10 points for English under the “English Language Requirements” language.
You can score points if you:
- are a national of a majority English-speaking country; or
- pass an English language test on our list of approved English language tests; or
- hold a degree that was taught in English and is equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree; or
- met the English language requirement when given a previous grant of leave; or
- meet transitional arrangements.
If you are a national of a majority English-speaking country
You will be award 10 points for English language if you are a national of a majority English-speaking country listed below:
- Antigua and Barbuda;
- The Bahamas;
- New Zealand;
- St Kitts and Nevis;
- St Lucia;
- St Vincent and the Grenadines;
- Trinidad and Tobago;
- United States of America.
You should check your qualification by using the points-based calculator on the Home Office website.
If you cannot find your qualification, we can contact UK NARIC, who will confirm the level of your qualification. Please be aware that they can only confirm your qualification is the same as a UK bachelor’s degree level or above, and not that the degree was taught in English. If this is the case, you must send a letter with your application from your university confirming your degree was taught in English.
- Netherlands Scraps Quarantine for Vaccinated UK and US Travellers - 20 September 2021
- Brazil & South Africa Removed From Germany’s List of High-Risk Countries - 19 September 2021
- UK’s Simplified International Travel & Countries Off the Red List - 18 September 2021