Immigrating from the Philippines to Canada
One of the countries to immigrate in 2015 is definitely for sure: Canada. Why? Because Canada has targeted to have 285,000 new permanent residents this year.
Everything you need to know about Canadian work permits while immigrating from the Philippines to Canada.
When applying to work in Canada, foreign workers are required to obtain a work permit in order to legally enter and work in Canada.
Foreign workers from all over the world are applying in large numbers because of the vast array of employment opportunities in Canada. A variety of job openings in industries such as hospitality, administration, engineering, construction , transportation, medicine and research are growing fast.
In order to apply to those oppportunities, a few steps must be followed.
1. The interested applicants must search for and apply to job openings. They can check Canadian job postings online, and once a position has been found for which they are an eligible candidate, the applicant must apply to the Canadian department of Citizenship and Immigration (CIC) for a work permit.
Note that, applicants can apply either online or they can download and print the forms to mail into the Canadian department of Citizenship and Immigration. Alternately, if they prefer, the applicant can apply in person at a Canadian embassy.
2. Once the application is received, a Canadian government agent will check the validity of the job applied for and the employer, as well as secure the worker will be offered fair wages within the legal guidelines of the province in which the position is available. They will also confirm the employer does not have any record of unfair treatment or abuse of employees.
3. When the background is completed, the government agent will complete a background check for the applicant, making sure that all information provided is correct and processing a criminal record control on the applicant. Additionally, the applicant may be required to complete an interview with a representative of the Canadian department of Citizenship and Immigration before the permit is either approved or denied.
4. After the application is processed and approved, it can take as long as a few weeks before the work permit is issued. Sometimes, jobs will require further testing such as a medical examination before the work permit is issued – factors like this may increase waiting time. For your information, another factor that can determine the waiting time to receive your work permit depends on the tasks at hand (workload) of the office where the application is filed.
As well, the Canadian government has created seminars for those wanting to immigrate, informing people of what to expect when they decide to immigrate. The seminars are held twice a week by the Citizenship and Immigration Ministry and given to those who are approved immigrants. The realities of life in Canada are shown, not only the good things but simultaneously the harsh realities of the extreme cold weather, taxation of the working, and inevitable culture shock are discussed. Leaving family and friends, and the impact this will have on many, is discussed too. Another very important aspect of these seminars is that immigrants are sincerely advises that they will need to bring enough money for at least six months survival until get settle because it may take longer than expected, so they should be prepared for emergencies.
iam have a specialist of immigration to Canada. Vince Picundo will help you to understand and choose the best route for you when immigrating to Canada.
- Netherlands Scraps Quarantine for Vaccinated UK and US Travellers - 20 September 2021
- Brazil & South Africa Removed From Germany’s List of High-Risk Countries - 19 September 2021
- UK’s Simplified International Travel & Countries Off the Red List - 18 September 2021