UK needs 500 nurses this 2014!
The UK needs Filipino nurses to replace its ageing nursing workforce. UK’s Centre for Workforce and the Royal College of Nursing said that 24% of its pool of registered nurses are set to retire in the next five years. According to Labour Secretary Rosalinda Dimapilis-Baldoz, Philippines Overseas Labour Office had received and verified job orders from various Foreign Placement Agencies.
Requirements and Qualifications
Nurse applicants need to be registered with the UK Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) before they can work in the UK.
- Registered with UK Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC). Complete the registration process and pass the two tests: (1) a computer-based test; and (2) a practical test. For more details, visit this
- Graduate of a nursing degree and registered in the country of origin.
- At least 1 year work experience.
- IELTS score of 7 or higher in each of the aspects of reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
- Good health and no criminal record.
Obtaining Work Visa
To obtain a work permit, a migrant nurse must have a job offer from a licensed UK entity. To check whether a UK sponsor is allowed to hire workers from overseas. An applicant for Tier 2 (General Worker), when evaluated must score 70 points based on the following attributes: the job offer from a licensed sponsor/certificate of sponsorship, English language skills, and maintenance funds.
For the 554 vacancies reported, the UK employers have coursed their requirements thru their partner Philippine Recruitment Agencies as has been reported by the DOLE. Applicants can get in touch with the PRAs.
The salary ranges from £16,271 to £20,500 per annum with a tenure of service from 1 to 3 years.
Courtesy of www.Nurselabs.com