Visas, Immigration & Nationality

Q1: I have a tier 1 visa and I would like to bring my adopted child. Is that possible?

A1: Yes. Contact us straight away.

Q2: I am on tier 2 work permit. How many years before I can apply for settlement?

A2: 5 Years.

Q3: I am on a student visa; is it possible for me to get a work permit?

A3: If you successfully completed and passed a UK recognised bachelor’s or master’s degree; or UK Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or Professional Graduate Diploma of Education (PGDE); or you have completed a minimum of 12 months study in the UK towards a UK PhD during your last grant of leave or period of continuous leave which includes your last grant of leave, and you have a employer, you can work under the Tier 2 provisions without having to leave the country. Otherwise, you will need to make the application from outside the UK.

Q4: I am on a tier 4 visa but my school got suspended. Will my visa stop?

A4: Yes. You have 60 days to make another application or switch into another category.

Q5: I have studied for 7 years. Can I apply for citizenship?

A5: No. To get citizenship or residency through time applications as a student, you need to have 10 years continuous residence.

Q6: I am married to a European. Can I bring my parents to the UK?

A6: Yes. Under European laws, family members include the parents or grandparents of you and your husband, wife or civil partner, if they are dependent on you.

Q7: I am a naturalised British citizen. How can I bring my 3 children to the UK?

A7: So long as your children are under 18 Years of age and you can provide for them financially and have been responsible for them you can bring them to the UK.

Q8: I am an over-stayer and have created a private life here. Is my child considered a citizen?

A8: No. Your child can only be a Citizen through their parents and grandparent or having secured the rights themselves. You may want to look at Human Rights applications based on time (the former Long Residency Concessions)

Q9: I have a friend who is planning to tour in the UK, how much (show money) do I need to have?

A9: You only need enough to cover the costs to and from the UK as well as your time spent in the UK. There have been plans to make some nationalities pay a bond but this is not a requirement yet.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.