Travel Visa Tips
Travel Visa Tips before you arrive to UK, what do you need to know?
To enter the UK you will need to show a valid passport, or national id card if you are an EEA citizen. But if you are not an EU national, you will need to show further documentation, including a landing card and, you may need a travel visa.
If you are not a British citizen or not citizen of one of the European Economic Area (EEA) countries, you may need to acquire a visa before you travel to Britain.
Nationals from some countries will need a visa regarding the reason they are travelling to the UK, while nationals from other countries may only need a visa for a particular reason (e.g. to marry and live with a British citizen).
If you have a valid passport and UK travel visa, you will normally be granted entry to the UK. When you arrive in Britain your visa tells UK immigration:
- The reason you are travelling to Britain.
- How long you are allowed to stay (valid: start date to end date).
- The last day you are allowed entry.
- For entry clearance follows strict rules and procedures.
For full details about travel visa requirements and application procedures, book now for 15 Minutes Immigration Advice.
- Canada-US Extended Land Border Closure, Testing and Hotel Quarantine - 22 April 2021
- US Travel Update: More Countries Under ‘Do Not Travel’ Advisory - 21 April 2021
- Czech Republic Working Holiday Visas - 19 April 2021