France Travel Update: France Plans To Drop COVID Testing
France will reportedly announce next week that current coronavirus testing protocols to enter the country will be lifted for fully vaccinated international travellers.
The testing was brought in during December to combat the Omicron variant of Covid-19 for all travellers entering from outside the EU.
Currently, vaccinated tourists arriving in France from other European Union and Schengen Zone countries do not need to present a negative test. Visitors from the United Kingdom, United States, Canada and other non-EU nations must show a negative test taken within 48 hours.
Unvaccinated travellers from countries on France’s orange list, which encompasses most nations outside the EU and Schengen Zone, are only permitted to enter for essential reasons and must present a negative test taken 48 hours before departure.
While the changes will make travel to France easier for vaccinated tourists, the current regulations for unvaccinated visitors are expected to remain the same. Last week, the country also relaxed the rules on UK arrivals by requiring a negative test taken 48 hours before departure.
- Travel From UK to France: Restrictions for Unvaccinated Travellers
- France Bans UK Travellers Again – Who can Travel to France
- France To End Health Pass Requirement
- Brexit: France Warns of Fines to UK Nationals Overstaying the 90-Day Limit
- France Omicron Travel Restriction: COVID Test Required for UK Travellers
- France Bans Unvaccinated From the US
- France, Iceland, and More Added to US Do Not Travel List
Booster and Vaccine Pass
Booster shots are not required to enter France.
However, travellers will need a vaccine pass in order to access many everyday venues including bars, cafés, ski lifts, restaurants, cinemas, tourist sites, gyms, leisure centres and long-distance trains.
To acquire a vaccine pass, check out the steps on how third-country nationals can get a vaccine pass.
Do you have plans to visit the United States? Talk to us in the comment section below. Or if you need more advice on the above, contact us for further travel & immigration advice.
Check out the deals we have found below and tell us your travel plans.
Check out the offers and discounts from:
IaM can help with your visa application to Europe, the United States, the UK & other countries
If you need help with a US visa, a UK Visa, or a visa to Europe, including help with appointment booking obligations, IaM can help. For more information and advice on US immigration, UK immigration law and US visa applications or if you need any help or assistance please, reach out to your Visa Coordinator at IaM.
Some of our posts include affiliate links. If you choose to purchase any of these products, we might get a small commission. For more information, check out our TOS.
- India Suspends Visa Issuance To Canadians - 24 September 2023
- Australia and the Philippines Open Doors for Work & Holiday Visas - 22 September 2023
- No ETIAS Fees for British Travellers to the EU Until at Least 2025 - 21 September 2023