France To End Health Pass Requirement
France is to scrap its domestic vaccine passport from 14 March, Prime Minister Jean Castex announced on 03 March.
After months of requiring its vaccine or health pass at venues across the country, France is set to end the vaccine pass requirement to enter indoor establishments.
France is also ending masking requirements in most venues with the exception of public transportation. Private businesses can still choose to require masks if they desire.
Although the indoor face mask mandate will be dropped, face coverings are still required on public transport.
All public ski lifts in France fall under the regulations for public transport, meaning that face coverings are likely to remain mandatory for skiers and snowboarders on lifts.
The easing of restrictions affects domestic Covid requirements only and will have no effect on France’s entry rules at the border.
- France Travel Update: France Plans To Drop COVID Testing
- Travel From UK to France: Restrictions for Unvaccinated Travellers
- France Bans UK Travellers Again – Who can Travel to France
- Brexit: France Warns of Fines to UK Nationals Overstaying the 90-Day Limit
- France Omicron Travel Restriction: COVID Test Required for UK Travellers
- France Bans Unvaccinated From the US
- France, Iceland, and More Added to US Do Not Travel List
The Use of France Vaccine Pass
The vaccine pass (pass vaccinal) indicates that the holder has been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and applies to anyone over the age of 16. However, people over the age of 18 must now have a booster shot to keep their pass active.
Tourists will need to show proof of a booster shot if they are over the age of 18 to enter venues where the vaccine pass is required.
The announcement that the vaccine pass requirement is soon to end is a huge relief to tourists planning a visit to France in the coming months, particularly as European travel restrictions are being eased across the region throughout March.
The pass has added an additional complexity to travel planning for many people over the past couple of months, particularly for those coming from outside the EU/EEA whose vaccination certificates have not had a QR code compatible with that of European countries.
What are your thoughts on the application and documents required for a Schengen visa? Talk to us in the comments section below.
Check out the deals we have found below and tell us your travel plans.
Check out the offers and discounts from:
IaM can help with your visa application to Europe, the United States, the UK & other countries
If you need help with a US visa, a UK Visa, or a visa to Europe, including help with appointment booking obligations, IaM can help. For more information and advice on US immigration, UK immigration law and US visa applications or if you need any help or assistance please, reach out to your Visa Coordinator at IaM.
Some of our posts include affiliate links. If you choose to purchase any of these products, we might get a small commission. For more information, check out our TOS.
- UK Bank Travel Chaos: Passenger Rights Caused By A Technical Glitch - 29 August 2023
- Explore the Czech Republic’s New Digital Nomad Visa - 28 August 2023
- British Airways Will Require Photo ID For Domestic Flights - 27 August 2023