Quarantine-Free Travel to Bali and Visa On Arrival
Bali reopened its borders for international travellers in February however arrivals will need to quarantine.
From 07 March, Indonesia will allow quarantine-free entry for foreigners travelling to Bali. The plan was previously set on 14 March. This means that overseas travellers from several countries entering Indonesia through airports and ports in Bali are no longer required to quarantine.
Authorities are also reinstating the use of Visa On Arrival (VoA) for 23 countries.
Even though the quarantine policy was removed and overseas travellers will be allowed to use VoA again, the requirements to maintain the health protocols are still in place.
Bali has been essentially closed down for the past two years only allowing foreigners on the rarest of occasions.
Conditions of Entry to Bali
To enter Bali, foreign nationals should meet the following requirements:
- Must be fully vaccinated or have received a booster
- Have a negative PCR test result before departure
- Proof of payment of hotel bookings for a minimum of four days in Bali
- Have health insurance that guarantees COVID-19 treatment according to the provisions
- Undergo another PCR test at the arrival gate of Bali
- Travellers with negative results may explore the Island of the Gods, whereas those with positive results are required to undergo isolation at the hotel and take another PCR test on the third day
- Negative PCR test results on the third day mean the travellers can continue their travels on the fourth day
- Elderly overseas travellers who are tested positive and have comorbidities will be immediately hospitalised
Visa on Arrival (VoA)
The VoA program is only applicable to 23 countries. VoA has been the primary visa used by most tourists and it's valid for 30 days and can be extended once.
The Visa on Arrival can be purchased in the arrival hall(s) of international airports or harbours, after you have arrived in Indonesia.
The following countries can take advantage of the new rules, once the government completes the documentation:
- The United States of America
- The United Kingdom
- The Netherlands
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- United Arab Emirates
- Brunei Darussalam
What are your thoughts on this issue? Talk to us in the comment section below.
Check out the deals we have found below and tell us your travel plans.
Check out the offers and discounts from:
IaM can help with your visa application to the United States, the UK & other countries
If you need help with a US visa, a UK Visa, or visa to Europe, including help with appointment booking obligations, IaM can help. For more information and advice on US immigration, UK immigration law and US visa applications or if you need any help or assistance please, reach out to your Visa Coordinator at IaM.
Some of our posts include affiliate links. If you choose to purchase any of these products, we might get a small commission. For more information, check out our TOS.
- Finland Increased Minimum Salary Criteria For EU Blue Cards - 14 February 2024
- Biometric Passport Checks Threaten Eurostar Services - 11 February 2024
- Germany Approved Simplified Citizenship Rules - 10 February 2024