The EEA Applications amplify to EEA Family Members/Dependants.
Who is considered a dependant?
European Law stipulates that the following be considered family members:
- Civil Partners;
- Partners in a ‘durable relationship’ (individuals must generally have lived with the European national for at least two years in order to qualify under this provision);
- Children under the age of 21 (including step children and adoptive children);
- In certain circumstances it may also be possible for the following to accompany their European family member to the UK;
- Parents and grandparents of the European national or their family member;
- Children over the age of 21;
- Other family members such as Cousins, Siblings, Aunts and Uncles.
It should be noted that where the EEA national is a Student in the UK, they may only be accompanied by their partner and dependant children.