UK visa requirements – Application for a Private Medical Treatment Visitor Visa

Visas, Immigration & Nationality

Private Medical Treatment Visit Visa Document List Required

Please find below a list of the documents required for your visit visa application to the UK.

It should be noted that the Home Office will only accept original documents for your UK  visa requirements. If no original is available, photocopied documents must be a stamped certified true copy of the original. Where a document is not in English or Welsh, the original must be accompanied by a fully certified translation by a professional translator. This translation must include details of the translator’s credentials and confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document. It must also be dated and include the original signature of the translator for UK visa requirements.

Please note that documents listed are carefully explained whether they are mandatory or optional for your UK visa requirements. You should collect as many documents as possible and use it as a checklist to ensure all documents where possible have been sent as soon as possible. Where you are unable to provide the original documents, please explain the reasons by adding your comments.

The documents we will require from you are as follows:

Evidence of Applicant's Identity

Current Passport Mandatory
Previous Passports Mandatory
Visa or other proof of residence – if you're not a national of the country of your residence if available Mandatory
Recent Passport Photographs (x2) (Photo Guidance) Mandatory
Tuberculosis Test Medical certificate from UKVI-approved medical centre For more info on TB test centres Mandatory

Private Medical Treatment

Letter from your doctor or consultant in the UK, which includes:

– details of the condition requiring treatment or consultation

– estimated costs and likely duration of treatment

– details of where treatment or consultation will take place

letter from UK host organisation confirming the arrangements for your research or exchange Mandatory
Organ Donor
Passport and Residence Permit of the organ donor recipient Mandatory
Proof of relationship Mandatory
Letter from a registered medical practitioner who holds an NHS consultant post confirming the need for the organ donor and details of when and where the transplant/tests will take place Mandatory
Documents showing maintenance funds and source of income
If employed:
Letter of Employment – confirming your employment (start date), position, salary, role, contact details Mandatory
Payslips for the last 6 months Mandatory
Personal bank statements – current account and savings for the last 6 months Mandatory
If self-employed/owner of your own business:
Business registration and other licences required for you to operate your business Mandatory
Proof of tax payments Mandatory
Letter of Support from whomever will be left to look after your business while you are on holiday if any Mandatory

Evidence of Accommodation

Land Registry Title/Mortgage Statements Mandatory
Tenancy Agreement Mandatory
Hotel Reservation Mandatory

Other Documents

Home Office Letters if any Mandatory
Spouse's and Children's Passport if any Mandatory
Itinerary of visit to UK Mandatory
Other evidence showing reason of visit to UK Mandatory
List of travel history Mandatory

All documents should be posted or scanned and emailed to us to make sure they meet the requirements.

Please let us know if you cannot provide anything from the document list and we can discuss alternative documents you may provide for your UK visa requirements.

Once we have received the documents, we will inform you via e-mail and update your application in our records.