Application for Academic Visitor Visa

Academic Visit Visa Document List Required

Please find below a list of the documents required for your visit visa application to the UK.

It should be noted that the Home Office will only accept original documents. If no original is available, photocopied documents must be a stamped certified true copy of the original. Where a document is not in English or Welsh, the original must be accompanied by a fully certified translation by a professional translator. This translation must include details of the translator’s credentials and confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document. It must also be dated and include the original signature of the translator.

Please note that documents listed are carefully explained whether they are mandatory or optional. You should collect as many documents as possible and use it as a checklist to ensure all documents where possible have been sent as soon as possible. Where you are unable to provide the original documents, please explain the reasons by adding your comments.

The documents we will require from you are as follows:

Evidence of Applicant's Identity

Current PassportMandatory
Previous PassportsMandatory
Visa or other proof of residence – if you’re not a national of the country of your residenceif availableMandatory
Recent Passport Photographs (x2)(Photo Guidance)Mandatory
Tuberculosis Test Medical certificate from UKVI-approved medical centreFor more info on TB test centresMandatory

Evidence of Academic Visit

Letter from your current employer on official headed paper, detailing the period of your sabbatical, exchange or outlining the research to be undertakenMandatory
Letter from UK host organisation confirming the arrangements for your research or exchangeMandatory

Documents from Employer/Business in Home Country

IF employed:
Letter of Employment – confirming your employment (start date), position, salary, reason for visiting UK ie you are being sent by the company to UK for business meetings, the company will pay for your expenses (if applies), and stating that you are required to come back to resume your job.Mandatory
Personal bank statements – current account and savingsMandatory
If self-employed/owner of your own business:
Business registration and other licences required for you to operate your businessMandatory
Proof of tax paymentsMandatory
Letter from you confirming your position, that you are visiting UK on behalf of the business, the business will pay for your expenses (if applies), and stating that you are required to come back to continue managing your business.Mandatory

Evidence of Accommodation

Land Registry Title/Mortgage StatementsMandatory
Tenancy AgreementMandatory
Hotel ReservationMandatory

Other Documents

Home Office Lettersif anyMandatory
Spouse’s and Children’s Passportif anyMandatory
Itinerary of visit to UKMandatory
Other evidence showing reason of visit to UKMandatory
List of travel historyMandatory

All documents should be posted or scanned and emailed to us to make sure they meet the requirements.

Please let us know if you cannot provide anything from the document list and we can discuss alternative documents you may provide.

Once we have received the documents, we will inform you via e-mail and update your application in our records.

UK Immigration

Business People & Investors
Sole Representatives
Tier 1 UK Visas
Tier 1 UK General Visa
Tier 1 UK (General) Assessment
Tier 1 Uk Entrepreneur Visa
Tier 1 UK Graduate Entrepreneur Visa
Studying in the UK
Tier 4 (General) UK Student Visas
Tier 4 (Child) UK Student Visa
UK Student Visitor Visa
Other Immigration Applications
Ancestry and Commonwealth
EEA Applications
Long Residence
Indefinite Leave (ILR)
British Citizenship
Other Visa Countries
United States

Work Permits
Tier 2 UK General Visa
Tier 2 UK Immigration Migrant Application
Temporary Workers
Tier 5 UK Youth Mobility Scheme
Visiting the UK
General Visitor Visa
Business Visitor Visa
Family Visitor Visa
Child Visitor Visa
Marriage Visitor Visa
Family Immigration
Spouses and Partners
Dependant Children
Extended Family Members

Businesses and Institutions
Sponsorship Licences
Education Providers
Global Mobility
Professional Partners