How to Apply For Your Marriage Visitor Visa

Visas, Immigration & Nationality


Simplify the way you get your Marriage Visa granted.

A marriage visit visa is for you to come to visit the UK for the purpose of giving notice of, or getting married or register a civil partnership in the UK.

A marriage visa can be a helpful alternative in the event that you are a non-EEA national and going to get married (or civil partnership) in the UK or give notice to get married (or civil partnership).

It is only for the purpose that you do not intend to stay in the UK after getting married.

Whether this is your first time applying or you have previously applied through us before IAM’s experienced lawyers are here to ensure your application is straight forward and that your visa is granted.

You can submit your application for a marriage visit visa up to three months before you travel and we expect you to have your visa granted within three weeks.

If you have experienced a refusal of a visitor visa or in fact any visa, you will know why the UK is one of the hardest countries to obtain a visa to. Our specialist consultants will schedule a consultation with you in order to ensure success.


If you are unsure whether you will qualify for a marriage visit visa and don't want to waste time applying for the wrong visa, make sure to check out your eligibility for a marriage visit visa  or alternatively, start your application and our team will ensure that you qualify

What you may or may not be able to do

You can:

  • get married or enter a civil partnership within six months of entering the UK.
  • do a short course of study in the UK,up to 30 days (as studies should not be the main reason for your visit).
  • do permitted activities related to your business or overseas activities. e.g. business meetings.
  • stay in the UK for up to six months. 
  • pass through the UK in transit (on your way to another country)

You can not:

  • get public funds.
  • bring in family dependants as they need to apply on their own.
  • work  or do any business except as detailed above.
  • extend this visa or switch to another visa category.