Private Medical Treatment Visitor Visa
You can apply for a Private Medical Treatment Visitor visa if you:
- want to come to the UK for private medical care;
- are from a country that’s not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.
You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK.
You should get a decision on your private medical treatment visitor visa within 3 weeks.
You can apply for a visa to stay for 6 or 11 months depending on how long your treatment is expected to take – you’ll need to provide proof from a registered UK doctor about your treatment and costs.
If you’re applying to visit for private medical treatment
You must evidence that you:
- have one or more medical conditions that need private consultations or treatment in the UK.
- have made or paid for arrangements for your consultations or treatments.
- have enough funds to pay for your treatments as well as supporting yourself financially without using UK public funds as well as be able to pay for your return or onward journey.
- will leave the UK after your treatment is is finished, or when your private medical treatment visitor visa expires.
- are not considered as a danger to public health if you’re suffering from an infectious disease, eg leprosy.
If you’re applying as an organ donor
You can only visit the UK to donate organs to:
- a family member that you are genetically related to (eg a sibling or parent).
- someone you have close personal relationships with (eg your spouse or friend).
You must prove that the person you’re donating an organ to is legally allowed to be in the UK.
To start your application, please complete our Free Immigration Assessment form and the Private Medical Treatment Visitor Visa Application form or alternatively, book a free visit visa immigration consultation or…