Know your Place of Study : Inner London or Outer London?


Where you will be studying in the UK requires different amounts of Maintenance Funds or Costs of Living Allowance.

Effective from 14 November 2015, UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) did not only increase the maintenance fund but have also widened the areas considered as inner London.

The following living costs are required:

Inner London: £1,265 per month times 9 months = £11,385

Outer London:  £1,015 per month times 9 months – £9,135

The following districts are now considered as inner London:

You will be studying in London if the majority of your study (more than 50% of your study time) is at a site or sites situated within the area comprising the City of London and the former Metropolitan Police District. “Former Metropolitan Police District” means:

(i)London, excluding the City of London, the Inner Temple and the Middle Temple;

(ii) in the county of Essex, in the district of Epping Forest— the area of the former urban district of Chigwell, the parish of Waltham Abbey; Tier 4 Policy Guidance version 11/2015 page 44 of 92

(iii) in the county of Hertfordshire— in the borough of Broxbourne, the area of the former urban district of Cheshunt, the district of Hertsmere, in the district of Welwyn Hatfield, the parish of Northaw; and

(iv) in the county of Surrey— in the borough of Elmbridge, the area of the former urban district of Esher, the boroughs of Epsom and Ewell and Spelthorne, in the district of Reigate and Banstead, the area of the former urban district of Banstead.

When applying for a Tier 4 Visa, make sure that you have the correct maintenance fund required by the location of your place of study.

Contact us for help with finding your educational institution and applying for a Tier 4 visa.

Related Posts

No Comments Yet.

Leave a reply

I consent to Immigration And Migration and it's group companies collecting my data.
This comment collects your personal data so as we can conduct work on your behalf. Check out our privacy policy for the full story on how we protect and manage your submitted Data!

UK Immigration

Business People & Investors
Sole Representatives
Tier 1 UK Visas
Tier 1 UK General Visa
Tier 1 UK (General) Assessment
Tier 1 Uk Entrepreneur Visa
Tier 1 UK Graduate Entrepreneur Visa
Studying in the UK
Tier 4 (General) UK Student Visas
Tier 4 (Child) UK Student Visa
UK Student Visitor Visa
Other Immigration Applications
Ancestry and Commonwealth
EEA Applications
Long Residence
Indefinite Leave (ILR)
British Citizenship
Other Visa Countries
United States

Work Permits
Tier 2 UK General Visa
Tier 2 UK Immigration Migrant Application
Temporary Workers
Tier 5 UK Youth Mobility Scheme
Visiting the UK
General Visitor Visa
Business Visitor Visa
Family Visitor Visa
Child Visitor Visa
Marriage Visitor Visa
Family Immigration
Spouses and Partners
Dependant Children
Extended Family Members

Businesses and Institutions
Sponsorship Licences
Education Providers
Global Mobility
Professional Partners