Know your Place of Study: Inner London or Outer London?
Where you will be studying in the UK requires different amounts of maintenance funds or costs of living allowance.
Effective from 14 November 2015, UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) did not only increase the maintenance fund but have also widened the areas considered as inner London.
The following living costs are required:
- Inner London: £1,265 per month times 9 months = £11,385
- Outer London: £1,015 per month times 9 months – £9,135
The following districts are now considered as inner London:
- Hammersmith and Fulham
- Kensington and Chelsea
- Tower Hamlets
You will be studying in London if the majority of your study (more than 50% of your study time) is at a site or sites situated within the area comprising the City of London and the former Metropolitan Police District. “Former Metropolitan Police District” means:
- London, excluding the City of London, the Inner Temple and the Middle Temple;
- in the county of Essex, in the district of Epping Forest— the area of the former urban district of Chigwell, the parish of Waltham Abbey; Tier 4 Policy Guidance version 11/2015 page 44 of 92
- in the county of Hertfordshire— in the borough of Broxbourne, the area of the former urban district of Cheshunt, the district of Hertsmere, in the district of Welwyn Hatfield, the parish of Northaw; and
- in the county of Surrey— in the borough of Elmbridge, the area of the former urban district of Esher, the boroughs of Epsom and Ewell and Spelthorne, in the district of Reigate and Banstead, the area of the former urban district of Banstead.
When applying for a Tier 4 Visa, make sure that you have the correct maintenance fund required by the location of your place of study.
Contact us for help with finding your educational institution and applying for a Tier 4 visa.
- Know your Place of Study: Inner London or Outer London? - January 29, 2016
- Five ways to stay fit and healthy during cold weather - December 11, 2015
- Pros and cons of buying products in store and on the net : Online versus in store shopping - November 27, 2015