All our immigration services are subject to our terms of service (terms of business) until superseded by our Client Care letter (where provided) that is issued to you.
Application Specific Terms
To clarify, the criteria to be met for any application would be dependant on the relevant government requirements as outlined to you by IAM. In general, most applications require, and you agree that:
- You are over 18 years of age and are of sound mind & body in order to make this commitment (or have a the permission of one)
- You have sufficient knowledge of language for the relevant countries.
- You are of good character and have no unspent convictions or traffic offences
- You have no unspent criminal convictions.
- You have not been in breach of relevant Immigration Rules at any stage during any relevant period.
Our service to you includes:
- Advising you of the information and documentation that we will need to prepare your application.
- Evaluating the information and documents to ensure that the application has the highest possible prospect of success.
- Preparing all application forms necessary to make the application.
- Preparing a cover letter for the application that explains the purpose and nature of your application, where opted for.
- Liaising with the relevant authority and yourself until the application is decided upon.
- Notifying you of the outcome of the application and any further obligations that you may have in accordance with conditions imposed by the relevant authority
In return you will agree:
- That all information and documentation is to be provided on the basis of full disclosure of all sources, and that all documents are either originals or true certified (by a relevant body) copies.
- To provide full accurate and honest information necessary for dealing with your affairs and allowing us to best advise and represent your case.
- That we can approach such third parties as may be appropriate for information that we consider necessary to deal with your affairs.
- To keep us informed about significant changes in your circumstances and contact details.
- Your application will only be sent when both parties agree that the application includes all necessary documents and is ready for submission.
- Not plan or book any travel unless otherwise advised it is suitable to do so until your application has been completed and passport has been returned.
We take confidentiality very seriously. There is an extensive policy that we have devised. You may obtain a copy at any time. For your record, I wish to provide you with an outlin of it.
All information that you provide to us is in the strictest of confidence. We will endeavour not to divulge any information to any other person, agency or party without your express prior consent. This includes the Police, the Home Office and government departments, or any other authority. It also applies to advice and information given to you by us. The above goes as far as to include the fact that you have had any contact, whether in person, by agency, letter, phone, fax, email or any other communication.
Because the nature of this policy is strict, we are unable to act on your behalf until you give us express permission to do so in relation to the above matter(s). Your signature indicates that you agree to all these terms.
Intellectual Property & Terms
Once our full fees are paid in full to iam (immigration and migration) any information, photos, contents, or other documents furnished to you are owned by you.
iam (immigration and migration) assumes that you have permission from the rightful owner to use any documents or information that are provided by you for inclusion in the application, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend iam (immigration and migration) from any claim or suit arising from the use of such documents or information.
iam (immigration and migration) retains the right to ownership of work carried out on behalf of you. iam (immigration and migration) also retains the right to advertise and promote the work carried out on behalf of you, whilst maintaining client confidentiality
This agreement becomes effective only when signed by you and iam (immigration and migration). Regardless of the place of signing of this agreement, you agree that for purposes of venue, this contract was entered into in England and any dispute will be litigated or arbitrated in England, UK.
The agreement contained in this contract constitutes the sole agreement between you and the iam (immigration and migration) regarding all items included in this agreement.
Termination of Instructions
You may terminate your instructions to us in writing at any time but please bear in mind that you may become liable in a civil claim for outstanding balances, while there is any money owing to us for our charges and expenses. Expenses will include any incurred as a result of any communications, work or representations that we will need to make as part of our regulatory or operational requirements. Signing this letter indicates your agreement.
Our fees are non refundable for work carried out. Please note that upon submission, there will be no refund due. Conversely, where you terminate your instructions, you will be refunded any fees that are paid minus work carried out based on the application timeline.
For the Check and Send Service, no refund is due upon engaging our services. Signing indicates your agreement.
In some circumstances, you may consider that we ought to stop acting for you, for example, if you cannot give us clear instructions on how we are to proceed, or if it is clear that you have lost confidence in how we are carrying our your work.
We can decide to stop acting for you only with good reason, for example, if you do not pay an interim bill or comply with a request for payment on account. We must give you reasonable notice that we intend to stop acting for you.
In either case, we reserve the right to pursue civil claims until full payment is received from you. You will also be responsible for our administration charges for work carried out on your behalf post cessation of acting on your behalf.
This invariably means you will be charged for all work carried out in connection with your case.
Your case will be closed as soon as practicable following cessation of your case. We store all case files away for a period of up to six years before destroying them. Therefore it would be in your interests to ensure that you collect all your documents once your case is concluded as there will be a charge for retrieval from the archives.
Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner
iam (immigration and migration) is registered with the Immigration Services Commissioner and authorised to provide this service. Our OISC registration number is F201600079. As a registered and authorised provider of immigration advice and services, we subscribe to a code of conduct that includes a complaint procedure which is below for your information and reference.
The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner inspects regulated advisers to ensure that immigration advice and services are appropriate and at a satisfactory standard. One way of doing this is to review client files. If you would prefer that your file be not subjected to such examination, please indicate this when signing your client care letter.
OISC compliant complaints Procedure
We hope that you do not have cause to complain about the services that you obtain from this firm. If, in the unlikely event that you wish to complain, or you do not feel happy with any service provided, there are two avenues of complaint:
- You may write to us detailing your complaint.
- You may complain to the Immigration Services Commissioner.
If you complain to us, we will:
- Acknowledge your complaint within seven days.
- Provide a substantive written answer to your complaint within 21 days.
If the written answer does not satisfy you, we will allocate one hour to meet you to discuss your complaint further. We will endeavour to hold this meeting within 14 days of further contact. We will provide you with a written record of the meeting within 14 days of it taking place and may recommend that you seek an alternative adviser if there appears to be a position of deadlock. If the matter is not resolved at this stage, we may also advise you to take the matter to the Immigration Services Commissioner.
Complaints should be addressed to:
Complaints, iam (immigration and migration)
225 Marsh Wall
If you do not wish complain to us, you may complain to the Immigration Services Commissioner at any time, irrespective of whether or not you have complained to us at;
The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner
5th Floor, 21 Bloomsbury Street
Tel: 0345 000 0046 www.oisc.gov.uk
Contact the OISC if you require further details of their complaints procedure.
Professional Indemnity Insurance
The OISC requires us to have Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII). The purpose of PII is to cover any compensation we may need to pay to correct a mistake or to cover any legal costs due to negligence, misrepresentation and/or inaccurate advice that may cause, or contribute to, financial or other loss to the client.
If you would like to proceed with an application, using us, please confirm by the specified means. We will then forward you a comprehensive list of the documents we will require to prepare your application.