The Netherlands Travel Update: The Netherlands Eased Entry Requirements To All Travellers
The Netherlands has dropped the pre-departure COVID-19 test, making travel easier regardless of their vaccination status.
Amsterdam is a popular short city break for British nationals and these changes are expected to boost the travel and tourism industry.
From 23 March, arrivals from any country outside of the EU must still be fully vaccinated but no longer need to present a pre-departure test.
The following entry requirements are applied:
- Travellers from within the EU/Schengen area are no longer required to present a coronavirus certificate (i.e. proof of vaccination, recovery, or a negative test)
- EU citizens travelling to the Netherlands from outside of the EU/Schengen area are no longer required to present a coronavirus certificate
- Travellers from outside the EU/Schengen area are no longer required to present a negative COVID-19 test in order to enter the Netherlands. Travellers are only required to provide a valid vaccination or recovery certificate upon entry.
For a vaccination certificate to be accepted when entering the Netherlands, the document must prove that the holder has completed primary vaccination within the last nine months. As for the recovery certificate, the authorities have emphasised that they recognise only recovery passes indicating recovery from the virus within the last six months.
The Netherlands will also recognise recovery certificates issued on the basis of a positive antigen test. Previously, only positive PCR tests have been officially recognised.
All travellers are required to complete a health declaration form. The Dutch government also advised to do a self-test immediately after arrival in the Netherlands and again on day 5. Self-testing is not an obligation and is therefore not enforced.
End Of Local Restrictions
Apart from relaxing the entry rules for incoming travellers, the Health Minister of the Netherlands, Ernst Kuipers, announced last week that starting from 23 March, the country will also drop its remaining domestic restrictions.
The Minister announced the requirement to wear a face mask as well as present vaccination proof when attending different public places and events would be dropped. However, masks will still be required at airports and on flights.
Do you have plans to travel to the Netherlands? Talk to us in the comments section below.
Check out the deals we have found below and tell us your travel plans.
Check out the offers and discounts from:
IaM can help with your visa application to Europe, the United States, the UK & other countries
If you need help with a US visa, a UK Visa, or a visa to Europe, including help with appointment booking obligations, IaM can help. For more information and advice on US immigration, UK immigration law and US visa applications or if you need any help or assistance please, reach out to your Visa Coordinator at IaM.
Some of our posts include affiliate links. If you choose to purchase any of these products, we might get a small commission. For more information, check out our TOS.
- Spain Travel Warning: UK Holidaymakers Staying With Family and Friends - 24 February 2024
- Austria And The US Signed A New Working Holiday Agreement - 23 February 2024
- Spain Tightens Visa Requirement for Senegalese Citizens - 21 February 2024