Live and work in the United Kingdom (UK)

Live and work in UK

1. Do I need a visa to enter in the UK?

No, if you are member of the European Union (EU), but yes if you’re from non-EU country. From 1 July 2013, Croatia is member of the European Union (EU). As a result, Croatian nationals can enter in any EU Member State including the UK without a visa.

Also, from 1 January 2014 Bulgarian and Romanian can enter in any EU Member State (including the UK) without a visa.

2. Do I need to show my passport or identity card when I enter the UK?

Yes, you will need to show your passport or national identity card when you enter the UK. When you arrive at the port or airport, you should use the channel marked EEA/EU where it is available.

3. Can my family come with me to the UK?

Yes, if you have the right to live in the UK, your family may join you. However, if your family members are Croatian/Bulgarian/Romanian nationals and they wish to work in the UK, they may require permission to do so unless they can show that they are exempt from worker authorisation.

Family members who are not nationals of the European Economic Area (EEA) should obtain an EEA family permit for travel to the UK, including if they are accompanying or coming to join you in the UK. They must get the permit before they travel to the UK. If they try to enter the UK without an EEA family permit they may be refused entry.

For more details on who is defined as a family member under EU law visit our website or call us today on 020 7987 8533.

No Comments Yet.

Leave a reply

I consent to Immigration And Migration and it's group companies collecting my data.
This comment collects your personal data so as we can conduct work on your behalf. Check out our privacy policy for the full story on how we protect and manage your submitted Data!

UK Immigration

Business People & Investors
Sole Representatives
Tier 1 UK Visas
Tier 1 UK General Visa
Tier 1 UK (General) Assessment
Tier 1 Uk Entrepreneur Visa
Tier 1 UK Graduate Entrepreneur Visa
Studying in the UK
Tier 4 (General) UK Student Visas
Tier 4 (Child) UK Student Visa
UK Student Visitor Visa
Other Immigration Applications
Ancestry and Commonwealth
EEA Applications
Long Residence
Indefinite Leave (ILR)
British Citizenship
Other Visa Countries
United States

Work Permits
Tier 2 UK General Visa
Tier 2 UK Immigration Migrant Application
Temporary Workers
Tier 5 UK Youth Mobility Scheme
Visiting the UK
General Visitor Visa
Business Visitor Visa
Family Visitor Visa
Child Visitor Visa
Marriage Visitor Visa
Family Immigration
Spouses and Partners
Dependant Children
Extended Family Members

Businesses and Institutions
Sponsorship Licences
Education Providers
Global Mobility
Professional Partners