Schengen Visa: France Offers 5-Year Schengen Visa For Indian Students
Under the new scheme, Indian alumni who have a Master’s degree or above and have spent at least one semester in France will be eligible for a five-year Schengen visa. This is aimed towards fostering academic excellence, strengthening cultural ties, and establishing a long-lasting relationship between the two nations.
This exceptional provision is a testament to France‘s dedication to fostering close ties between Indian alumni and their French counterparts, as highlighted by the French Embassy.
This momentous announcement follows the visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Paris in July, emphasising the commitment of both nations to further enhance their cooperation.
- Unused Schengen Visas No Longer Valid for Entry To Bulgaria
- Unlocking the Full Potential of Your Schengen Visa: 3 Non-Schengen Summer Destinations You Can Visit With a Schengen Visa
- Non-EU Must Register For Entry-Exit System (EES) – ETIAS
- EU Warning: ETIAS Not Yet Operational
- Post-Brexit Travel: What Changes When Croatia Becomes Part of Schengen
- Paris Olympics 2024: Make History as a Volunteer
- Tourists Traps: Scams in Paris You Should Look Out For
Attract More Indian Students
In addition, France is also working towards welcoming 30,000 Indian students to the country by 2030.
“This ambitious target signifies France’s conviction that welcoming more Indian students fosters academic excellence, cultural understanding, and long-lasting friendship between our two nations,”The French Embassy
Moreover, the creation of “International Classes” will provide Indian students with comprehensive training in French (language) and other academic disciplines to help them adapt to the country’s education system.
The Embassy of France in India is also launching the Choose France Tour 2023, an education fair that will be hosted in Chennai (October 8), Kolkata (October 11), Delhi (October 13), and Mumbai (October 15).
This fair will provide Indian students and their parents with a unique opportunity to engage with representatives from over 40 esteemed French higher education institutions, offering a wealth of educational options and possibilities.
Are you eligible for a 5 year Schengen visa? Talk to us in the comment section below. Or if you need more advice on the above, contact us for further travel & immigration advice.
Check out the deals we have found below and tell us your travel plans.
Check out the offers and discounts from:
IaM can help with your visa application to Europe, the United States, the UK & other countries
If you need help with a US visa, a UK Visa, or a visa to Europe, including help with appointment booking obligations, IaM can help. For more information and advice on US immigration, UK immigration law and US visa applications or if you need any help or assistance please, reach out to your Visa Coordinator at IaM.
Some of our posts include affiliate links. If you choose to purchase any of these products, we might get a small commission. For more information, check out our TOS.
- Digital Nomads To Greece Need To Apply From Home Countries In 2024 - 4 December 2023
- South Korea Mandates Airlines to Emphasise Prohibition on Opening Plane Doors Mid-Flight - 3 December 2023
- EU Commission Proposes Advancing Visa Facilitation for Türkiye - 2 December 2023